OUR GOVERNING BODIES
A representative Board of Directors
The Foundation is governed by a 15-member Board of Directors made up of the main benefactors and founders of the Foundation, major institutional partners, representatives of memorial associations and five leading fiures selected for their expertise in the Foundation's fields of action.
Officers: In addition to Jean-Marc Ayrault, the president, there are two vice-presidents (the president of Memorial ACTe and the representative of the city of Fort-de-France), a secretary (the representative of the EESC), and a treasurer (Laurence Lascary, who serves on the College of Leading Figures).
College of Founders
- For CDC-Habitat, André YCHE, Chairman of the Management Board
- For the city of Fort-de-France, Elisabeth LANDI, City Councillor
- For the city of Nantes, Olivier CHATEAU, City Councillor
College of Institutional Partners
- For the CNRS, Fabrice BOUDJAABA
- For the Economic, Social and Environmental Council, Marie TRELLU-KANE, Councillor
- For Memorial ACTe of Guadeloupe, Georges BREDENT, President
College of Remembrance Organizations
- For the charity Anneaux de la Mémoire, Elise NDOBO, Vice-President
- For the Comité Marche du 23 mai 1998 (CM98), Emmanuel GORDIEN, President
College of Leading Figures
- Jean-Marc AYRAULT, former Prime Minister
- Fanny GLISSANT, producer
- Mémona HINTERMANN-AFFEJEE, journalist and reporter
- Yanick LAHENS, writer
- Laurence LASCARY, producer
- Government Commissioner, Bernard BOUCAULT, Prefect
- Ericka BAREIGTS, President of the Territories Board
- Romuald FONKOUA, President of the Academic Board
- Pierre SAINTE-LUCE, President of the Board of Benefactors
The Fondation's four boards
The Foundation's articles of association provide that the work of the Board of Directors is prepared by four specialised boards, each of which opens the Foundation onto a particular sector of society.
All of these bodies meet at least once a year. Their members take part in the Foundation's Workshops, an annual forum bringing all stakeholders together.
The Advisory Board
Bringing together leading figures from civil society known for their institutional, professional, artistic, cultural or community-organizing contributions to the Foundation's purpose, the Advisory Board advises the Foundation on its strategic orientations and operations. The President of the Academic Board and four members also serve on it.
The Academic Board
The official, multidisciplinary, and international interface between the Foundation and the world of research, the Academic Board approves all content disseminated by the Foundation.
Find out more
The Territories Board
Bringing together the 22 founding communities, as well as the other communities and associations of communities with which the Foundation maintains partnership relations, the Territories Board is consulted on all matters relating to relations between the Foundation and communities.
Find out more
The Board of Benefactors
This body represents major donors to the Foundation.
Find out more
Representatives of remembrance organizations
Finally, the two representatives of remembrance organizations on the Foundation's Board of Directors are elected by the "Friends of the Foundation", the list of which is drawn up every year in accordance with the Foundation's articles of association.