Acknowledging France's worldwide history
- Advancing knowledge about the slave trade and slavery, the resistance they arroused and the fight for their abolition.
- Developing a shared national narrative.
- Explaining French diversity.
- Celebrating the wealth of the cultures born of slavery and Creolization.
- Showing how they have nourished French culture and France's cultural heritage.
- Promoting contemporary cultural and artistic creations from societies descended from slavery.
Continuing the strugle
- Promoting the values of the struggle of emancipation in today's society : liberty, equality, fraternity.
- Fighting against discrimination, racism and prejudice.
- Fighting against all modern form of slavery.
- Organizing ceremonies and events.